International Braille Chess Association
Affiliated to FIDE – World Chess Federation Registered in France under-Loi de 1901, (Reg No: W433006663.
SIRET No: 90476485900016)
CIRCULAR INVITATION FOR
Women Individual IBCA World Chess Championship
11th IBCA Junior Individual World Chess Championship
for Blind and Visually Impaired 2022
in Castelnaudary, France
1. DATE, ACCOMODATION AND VENUE
The International Braille Chess Association (IBCA) and the Association « AEPA » invite
all IBCA member countries to participate in the IBCA Women Individual World Chess Championship and the 11th IBCA Junior Individual World Chess Championship for the blind and visually impaired 2022
The competition will take place in hôtel IBIS Style*** in Castelnaudary
from Sunday July 10th (Arrivals) to Sunday July 17th (Closing ceremony and departure).
2. PROGRAM OF THE COMPETITION
Here is the schedule for the competition :
- Sunday July 10th Arrivals
- Monday July 11th 11:00 Technical Meeting
- Monday July 11th 13:30 Opening Ceremony
- Monday July 11th 14:00 Round 1
- Tuesday July 12th 9:00 Round 2
- Tuesday July 12th 14:00 Round 3
- Wednesday July 13th 9:00 Round 4
- Wednesday July 13th 14:00 Round 5
- Thursday July 14th Free/Visit of Castelnaudary
- Friday July 15th 9:00 Round 6
- Friday July 15th 14:00 Round 7
- Saturday July 16th 9:00 Round 8
- Saturday July 16th 14:00 Round 9
- Sunday July 17th 10:00 Closing Ceremony
- Sunday July 17th Departure
Changes in this schedule may be done by organizers if needed.
• Arrival on 10th July 2022 – Departure on 17th July 2022.
• Travel details: Toulouse Blagnac Airport (IATA: TLS) or Toulouse Matabiau Railway Station.
• IBIS Styles Hôtel website
• Pick-up and drop from airport/station will be provided to all the participants who
confirm the travel plan before 30th June 2022.
• Excursion is planned in Castelnaudary on the free day on 14th of July (French national holiday).
Organizers will provide transportation for all participants from and to the airport of
Toulouse Blagnac Airport (IATA: TLS) or the railway station of Toulouse Matabiau.
All delegations must send the travel details (date, time and flight/train number for arrival/departure) to the organizing committee before 30th June 2022.
- 1. Allowed to participate are blind or visually impaired players born January 1st 2001 or later.
- 2. The championship will be played in 9 rounds Swiss System in accordance with FIDE regulations. The playing time will be 90 minutes + 30 seconds for each move.
- 3. The results will be published on chess-results.com and players will be able to download the pairings and games
Players placed first, second and third will be awarded respectively with gold, silver and bronze medals.
In case of a tie the final ranking will be decided in accordance with the FIDE rules.
The prizes will be awarded at the official closing ceremony. The players receive the prizes personally.
- 4. Each player should bring a Braille chess set and a digital chess clock.
The player who has the white color should bring a chess clock for the game. Non-braille chessboards will not be allowed.
During the technical meeting, before the start of the 1st round, 3 members will be appointed as members for the appeals committee under the approval of IBCA and the Organizers. Appeals Procedure Protests against decisions of the Chief Arbiter must be submitted in written form to the Chairman of the appeals committee within 30 min. after the completion of the respective game. The protest must be accompanied with the sum of 100 €, as a deposit. If the appeal is granted, the sum shall be returned immediately.
Cost for accommodation with full board (3 meals per day)
• 70 euros in a double room per person per day. 560 Euros/person for the tournament.
• 90 euros in a single room per person per day. 720 Euros/person for the tournament.
The price includes: accommodation and 3 meals per day (buffet menu), transport from and to the airport or train station in Toulouse, and on the free day, a trip by small train to visit Castelnaudary and a boat trip on the Canal du Midi.
Situated in Castelnaudary (south France, 60 km East from Toulouse), the Ibis Styles team welcomes you in a friendly atmosphere in a PUB and a Bistronomic Restaurant, unveiling a
decoration dedicated to sport. For sunny days, the outdoor swimming pool and spa are heated. Castelnaudary, land of plenty, is bordered by the Canal du Midi, halfway between sea and mountain and at the crossroads of the Cathar Castles, is famous for its gastronomic specialty, cassoulet. The restaurant serves traditional regional cooking, with elements of European cuisine. You can find more information about the Ibis Style using these links: www.tripadvisor.com or www.booking.com.There is free Wi-Fi in main building; the hotel is located 3 km from the city center of Castelnaudary with shops and facilities.
8. PAYMENT AND IBCA FEE
All delegations must deposit 100% of the total cost for the participation in the tournament before 31st may 2022 to the following bank account:
Join us to receive the payment informations
Please note, every participating country also has to pay IBCA annual membership fee of 150 Euros directly to IBCA (also see §10)
All delegation members shall comply with French sanitary dispositions regarding foreign travellers coming to France. We strongly advise to contact your airline company/government for updated travelling rules as these rules may change over time.
All participants, including coaches and accompanying persons of the delegations, must stay
in the official hotel IBIS Styles Hôtel*** for organizational and security reasons. The
Organizing Committee will not accept any person to be a participant if she/he doesn’t book
in the official hotel IBIS Styles Hôtel *** through the organizing committee.
French government website
is also a valuable source of information regarding these matters.
The organizing committee shall not be held responsible in case of denied access to French territory or canceled activities on the free day or any other constraints during the competition due to these rules.
10. TIMELINES AND REGISTRATION
Information, questions, registrations to email: send a mail to the Turnament Director
Call to Laurent KRUK Tournament Director.
Only a duly authorized representative of the National Braille Chess Federation that is the IBCA member in good standing can register a delegation to participate in this tournament. All players, officials, and accompanying persons from the same member country shall be registered as a single delegation by the specified deadline. The countries that are in arrears are required to pay their debt to the IBCA in full in order to proceed with the registration. The IBCA and the Organizers will not accept any registrations that attempt to circumvent National Braille Chess Federations.
For organizational purposes, we request participants to comply to these deadlines :
|Confirmation of participation deadline :
|Payment deadline :
|Travel details deadline :
|31st March 2022
|31st May 2022
|30th June 2022
write to the IBCA President
French IBCA Representant: DEVILLE Olivier
F- 43110 Aurec sur Loire France
Mail to IBCA infosMail to President of IBCA infos